In-person racing is back!
Join us at Harris Lake Park and help families fight cancer.
NV Foundation is hosting its second annual Smile More Complain Less 5K to benefit individuals and families facing medical bills due to a cancer diagnosis.
Due to COVID-19 gathering restrictions, the Smile More Complain Less 5K will be done in a safe, socially-distanced time trial fashion.
The course winds through the beautiful trails at Harris Lake Park. Check out the race course HERE
Finish to music by our DJ and enjoy FREE food and refreshments.
- The 5K race will be held on Saturday morning May 1, 2021 at Harris Lake Park in New Hill NC.
- Runners register for a 30-minute arrival/start window. You must arrive at Harris Lake Park during the 30-minute arrival window you selected when registering. (If you arrive early, please wait in your car until your half-hour window.)
- Note: the first arrival time window (9:00 - 9:30 AM) is reserved for runners with an estimated pace of 7 min/mile or faster.
- Wear a face mask from the time you arrive until you are the next runner to start.
- During your 30-minute arrival window, check in to receive your race bib/chip then head to the start area where you will line up single file, spaced 6' apart, as your move single-file toward the start line.
- Remove your mask when you are at the start line ready to start. Our official Starter will let you know when you can start your time trial style race. (Family members living together may choose to start together.)
- After you have crossed the finish line and caught your breath, please put your mask back on. Grab a bottled water, collect your race shirt and Valentine candy then head home to watch the LIVE results online.
- These restrictions may be modified as required to meet state and local COVID guidelines.
Age Group Awards:
- Top Male & Female (1 each)
- Top Male & Female in these age groups: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
For those who chose the Virtual Race...
What is a virtual race and how does it work?
Run your race any time between Saturday February 13 and Sunday Feb 21. Run your distance anywhere you want. For ideas on courses of the correct distance you could search MapMyRun.com or RunKeeper.com or Strava.com or simply start running and measure your route as you run using the free IYR Virtual mobile app.
"IYR Virtual" Mobile App
Use the free IYR Virtual mobile app to track, measure, and time your walk/run. The app will notify you when you have completed your distance and prompt you to add your time to the online results. It will even let you upload a selfie/photo from your phone which will be included with your online results.
If you don't want to use the IYR Virtual app you may measure/time your run with another app (e.g. MapMyRun, RunKeeper, or Strava) or your GPS or just time yourself with your watch. After your run go to the ONLINE RESULTS, find your name under your distance, click the "Update Time" button and type in your time.